|Pet Weight/Medication Strength||Vitality Member Price||Non-Member Price|
|All Weights||$50/30-Day supply||$50/30-Day supply|
|All Weights||$80/60-Day supply||$80/60-Day supply|
|All Weights||$100/90-Day supply||$105/90-Day supply|
Available in an oral paste and capsules
What is Mexiletine?
Mexiletine is a class 1B sodium channel blocker. An anti-arrhythmia drug which is used to treat chronic ventricular arrhythmias in dogs. Mexiletine is a class 1B sodium channel blocker used to treat heart conditions in small animals. It is used to treat ventricular arrhythmias and has similar mechanism or activity to lidocaine.
- Treats ventricular arrhythmias in dogs
- Similar to lidocaine
- Used to treat ventricular arrhythmias including PVC’s and ventricular tachycardia
- Mexiletine may be combined with either atenolol or sotalol in instances when monotherapy is not adequate.
- Mexiletine may be used to treat inherited cardiomyopathy in Boxers and dilated cardiomyopathy in Doberman pinschers.
- A positive response to therapy would be an 85% reduction of ventricular premature contractions.
Information on this medication quoted from HeartlandVetSupply.com
* These medications are not for human consumption or application.
** Prices subject to change without notice. Please call pharmacy to check prices.