Compounded Ursodiol Suspension
|Pet Weight/Medication Strength||Vitality Member Price||Non-Member Price|
|Any||$60/30-Day supply||$60/30-Day supply|
Overview of Ursodiol for Dogs and Cats
- Ursodiol is a natural bile acid (ursodeosycholic) found in small amounts in bile. This compound reduces the formation of cholesterol in the liver and reduces absorption of cholesterol from the intestines.
- Ursodiol also improves the flow of bile in the liver and protects the liver from injury by other bile salts.
- Ursodiol is a prescription drug and can only be obtained from a veterinarian or by prescription from a veterinarian.
- This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration but it is prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.
Uses of Ursodiol for Cats and Dogs
- Ursodiol has been used in the treatment of chronic diseases of the liver (including Chronic Hepatitis). It is sometimes used in cholestatic liver disease (characterized by abnormal bile flow)
- Ursodiol is also used for the medical treatment of gallbladder stones (cholesterol type).
Information on this medication quoted from petplace.com
* These medications are not for human consumption or application.
** Prices subject to change without notice. Please call pharmacy to check prices.