Compounded Furosemide Capsule/Suspension
|Pet Weight/Medication Strength||Vitality Member Price||Non-Member Price|
|Any||$45/30-Day supply||$45/30-Day supply|
|Any||$60/60-Day supply||$60/60-Day supply|
|Any||$70/90-Day supply||$78/90-Day supply|
Overview of Furosemide (Lasix®) for Dogs and Cats
- Furosemide, commonly known as Lasix®, is used to reduce fluid accumulation and prevent further edema from forming. It is primarily used to treat heart failure and pulmonary edema in dogs and cats.
- Some medical conditions are characterized by excessive retention of sodium (salt) and water. One good example is congestive heart failure where fluid (edema) accumulates in the lungs and body cavities. To prevent excessive retention of fluid, diuretic drugs are often used.
- Furosemide is a loop diuretic drug, meaning that it works on the area of the kidney called Henle’s loop. This drug prevents the absorption of chloride, sodium, potassium and water, leading to an increased volume of urine. This assists the kidneys in removing excessive fluid.
- Furosemide is most often used in the treatment of heart failure. It is a potent diuretic drug. The drug is called frusemide in some parts of the world.
- Furosemide is a prescription drug and can only be obtained from a veterinarian or by prescription from a veterinarian.
Information on this medication quoted from petplace.com
* These medications are not for human consumption or application.
** Prices subject to change without notice. Please call pharmacy to check prices.